Friday, February 27, 2009

Non Scale Victories came in many forms

Non Scale Victories - you know those little changes you see along the way of weight loss... They come in many forms- even if a few are scary.

My latest started yesterday afternoon.

My boss and I were shopping at the local Sam's Club, by the time we got to the check out I had a headache - since everything was going to the office he was handling the check out- I told him I would met him outside as I thought those awful lights in the store were causing the headache.

However, by the time he got outside I was pale and shaking- me made me pull over so he could take the wheel. He stopped at the 7 11 and got me something to drink, and drove the rest of the way home. By the time we arrived home about 20 minutes later, the headache had eased up but the light headed dizzy feeling was still present. Being home I just chilled in my lounge chair with the cat and shortly it all went away.

Not long after getting to work this morning I had the same thing happen- except this time the weird feeling wasn't going away. My boss instantly made me take my blood sugar feeling this was the problem- my blood sugar at that point was 77 which was a very acceptable number. He then took my blood pressure it was 85 over 100..... PROBLEM...
I emailed my coach and my boss and him both convinced me I needed to call my PCP.
A quick visit to my PCP - netted me my newest Non Scale Victory.
My already reduced once blood pressure medication is not suspended for the next 2 days and then I am to resume with only 1 of the 2 I had been on.

Happy dance.... oh yeah the Doctor's scale says I have lost 80.2 lbs.....

Sometimes the journey takes us in different directions then we expect..

No comments: