Sunday, February 22, 2009

A different kind of sunday

While last Sunday was very productive today was a different kind of Sunday.

I was out late last night with a friend dancing. Had a great time.

Slept in late this morning- woke up with a HUGE pain in my butt. Laterally
a pain in my right butt cheek. I know not to panic as these things happen- my pelvis while better is still unstable. I emailed my coach who has made several stretching and exercise recommendations, I called my boss ( yes there are benefits to working for a chiropractor) he met me at the office and did several treatments to help.

I decided to try and get some work work done from home this afternoon, I logged into the office computers from my laptop and mid sentence my DSL when out.
I have been having issues with the DSL for a while. About a month ago Verizon sent me a new DSL modem, but fearing I didn't know what I was doing I asked our company IT guy to come install it, well he hasn't had time so its been sitting on the shelf in the den in the box it arrived in.

Well today I decided I needed to over come my fear of Computer components and figure this out. So I opened the box and read the directions. I then followed the directions, and installed my own DSL modem. That I thought would be the end of it, but not so, the wireless stuff had to be deleted and re-installed on my laptop ( only computer I own). So I read those directions and followed them, and obviously since I am on line typing this blog- I was victorious.

I'm rather pleased with myself for doing this....
Yes I still have a pain in the butt- using some ice right now and will continue with the Coach's stretches.

Enjoy the journey...

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Impressive. You know a guy never woulda read the directions.

Gigi said...

I know a lot of people who ARE a pain in the butt but you are the first who HAS a pain in the butt. LOL Sorry for your discomfort. Hope it heals quickly.

Daiquiri princess said...

Thanks Gigi- feeling better- the pain in the butt is actually my sacroilac joint being mis-aligned. I work for a Chiropractor- perk of the job- I get chiropractic care... he has adjusted me Sun, Mon and today and I am feeling much better.
Thanks