Thursday, February 19, 2009

Trust your clothes







Trust your clothes- this is the advice my friend Jeff keeps giving me.. Well tonight I actually got a glimpse of the weight I have lost.
This evening was the local Chamber of Commerce Chapter Night. My boss was installed at one of the directors.
Its cold and windy here in Maryland- so I decided against wearing a dress. I don't do that "dressy"thing often. As I have related before I much prefer blue jeans .
I decided to wear a very pretty pants outfit- that is dark purple w/ a purple and pink long jacket over it. I need to put safety pins on each side of the pants to keep them from falling off. Trust your clothes right?
The really AHHWW HAA moment however was when I put on my black leather dress coat.
I bought myself this coat a few years ago as a perk to myself. It was far more expensive then any coat I have ever purchased . Its not a coat I would wear everyday, its a dress coat, for when I am dressed up- like I said not something I do often.
I put this wonderful black leather coat on and - seriously - looked like I could have put another person in the coat with me.
My boss laughed when I should him how large this coat was- his comment was that it could easily be made into a double breasted coat now.

Trust your clothes. Great advice- I should listen to such sage advice more often.
2/20/09- Photos added thanks to my boss
Its the journey not the destination.......

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Great pics, Terry. Just keep trusting those clothes!