Thursday, February 12, 2009

People that havent seen us in a while

I had an appointment with my hair dresser today. Being a low maintenance gal- I only see her once every 4 months or so.

Last time I was in for a trim it was in mid October.

The moment I walked in the door she was all excited- "Terry you have lost so much weight".... This type of attention really embarrasses me, so I tried to be very quiet about it. I thanked her for the compliments and explained that my hair was falling in my eyes and thus driving me crazy.

She just wouldn't stop- she wanted to know what I was doing to loss it, did I have help, how much had I lost, etc- again I don't like this attention especially with a salon full of other people.

I don't see a difference. I really don't - I am very frustrated by this. Frustrated enough to want to give up. My friend Jeff says that I need to trust my clothes- I swear I have a washer and dry that is just stretching them out. As I type this I am wearing a blue sweatshirt that I have had a hard time keeping on my shoulders all day, but again I think its that stretching from the washer and dryer.

My hairdresser was just amazed with how much I have shrunk- I really wish I could see it.

Its about the journey- not the destination.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Trust your hair dresser, too! This is positive reinforcement. Enjoy it.

Gigi said...

Jeff is right. Your hairdresser knows what she is talking about. Take the compliment as a little early Valentine to yourself!

Gigi said...

Jeff is right. Your hairdresser knows what she is talking about. Take the compliment as a little early Valentine to yourself!