Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How our decisions impact others

At some point we made a choice to take control of our lives and lose the weight. I didn't think that this choice I was making for me would impact others, after all I live only- well just me and the cat. Frankly the cat doesn't seem to care that there are no longer Pop Tarts or Ding Dongs in the house.

Since September I have been eating the way the coach layed for me.
My birthday is Monday. Since my husband got sick about 10 yrs ago my Sister in law has taken on the chore of making sure I got a birthday cake.

This year I told her NO Cake...

Well Monday, night I answer my phone - its my youngest nephew-
The first words I hear are- " what do you mean no birthday cake"?
I once again explained that I was working hard to lose the weight...

Now nearly in tears he explains that - going to hoffman's ice cream store is once a year to pick my cake out is something he looks forward to- and that my birthday is the only time they get hoffman ice cream cake.

After talking to him for about 15 minutes- I asked to speak to his Mom. I told her I know I had said no cake, but that I wanted her to take him to hoffman's and let him pick out a cake like usual and that I would at least blow the candle out and that the two boys could have the cake to eat...
I just can't stand the thought of disappointing them.

The journey can be fun...

No comments: