Monday, February 2, 2009

Ready to give up

I woke up yesterday with a mental alien on my face as my coach would say.

Physically-
I am still recovering from the ovary thing last week.
All my joints ache- they are swollen ,stiff and sore- yesterday afternoon I went to Walmart with my friend- when I turned to get out of his van my hips locked up, and just standing up brought tears to my eyes it hurt so much.

Mentally-
What is going on is far harder to define. This morning when the alarm went off at 5:30 AM- I did not greet the morning with a smile- in fact I throw the alarm clock across the room. I had no desire to do my stretches or exercises this morning, the mere thought of putting in the Richard Simmons DVD that I have grown to love, had me nauseated . All I wanted was Chocolate fudge frosted pop tarts. These were my favorite breakfast as a kid. ( it was the 70s - My Mom had this belief that if it bad for you- they wouldn't have it for sale) I even gave into the desire and stopped at 7 AM at the local grocery store to buy some. They were out of them. My friend told me this morning that was the Gods talking to me. Ok if you say so.

Work was just frustrating today. Our computer network isn't working right- our IT guy keeps blaming on the network being fragile. I have 3 other IT guys telling me there is no such thing.

I still want Chocolate fudge frosted pop tarts- and no this isn't my usual craving for chocolate. That can now be handled with a cup of Swiss Miss - sugar free hot chocolate, this is different.

I am ready to give up- if my body is going to hurt this much- why not at least enjoy food.

I swear when I look in the mirror I see no difference. Yes, I see the loose clothing, but in my brain I think that is just the dryer. 74 some odd pounds as been alot of work, for not being able to see any results.


2 comments:

mem said...

Terry...it's just cause you feel bad. This will pass.
Thinking of comfort food from childhood is very very common. Awwwh you probably don't want a pep talk especially from someone you don't know but really even thin marathon runners have a bad go every once in a while.
74 pounds is a lot of weight and I think your body must be adjusting and it feels crumby.
I'm sorry you feel bad, I know it will go away....spring is around the corner and your already 74 pounds lighter. Hang in there friend.

FerdyV said...

Hi Terry Girl!
Hummm, I see you've hit a small wall. Don't let your mind get in the way of your physical transformation. A really good way to bring your mind around to the benefits of the transformation and make it see what is happening is to start taking in all your clothes. I have been doing this to mine for months now and keep doing it every day I find another shirt or pants that is 4-5 inches too big. Not only take them in, but CUT off the excess material. This is a good psychological reinforcement and will help in bringing your new image to the forefront of your mind and let it get used to the idea that's it's still you, but a newer version. Hang in there Terry! You're doing fabulous! Love you always my sweet friend - Ferdy