Saturday, March 21, 2009

Who are you and what have you done with my Sister?

Let me begin this blog post by stating that I love and adore my Younger brother. He was my rock during the dark dark days after my husband's passing- it was his and his wonderful wife's love and support and the love and joy their two boys bring to my life that had me pull myself out of the very dark hole I fell into- in late December of 06 and Early 07.

That being said- he is still my younger brother and as younger brother often will - he is a pain in the butt....

This morning I was working out in the gym- doing the leg curl machine- Ipod blasting "We will rock you " in my ears. When I feel a hand touch my shoulder- I open my eyes and I am staring right into the face of one of my brothers buddies.... OH CRAP I HAVE BEEN BUSTED was my first thought.
( I had not told my brother about joining the gym)- I had a short conversation with the buddy and moved on..

Being the Girlie girl that I am - I came home- peeled the sweaty clothes off and hit the shower. As I am stepping out of the shower I become aware that the phone is ringing. I have an answering machine that announces who the call is from... I hear it say my brother's name...

So I dash into my bedroom and grab the phone... Here is how that conversation when... YB refers to my Younger brothers side of the conversation.

ME- Crap can't I even shower in peace?

YB- Who are you and what have you done with my sister?

ME- What are you babbling about?

YB- YOU- I hear you are working out at the gym

ME- Crap your buddies talk more then any women I know- we don't need the Internet with you 6 around...

YB- Yeah I know its part of the code.

ME- you know sometimes I hate that code

YB- Yeah I know but you like it when we are moving you, or watching out for you.

ME- Yeah Yeah Yeah- what do you want?

YB- What is this ? how long have you belonged to the gym?

ME- almost a month.

YB- Why?

ME- We talked about this at Christmas time, when you notice how baggy my clothes were, this was just the next logical step.

YB- Again I ask- who are you and what have you done with my sister?- You know my sister that HATES to get sweaty, my sister that doesn't like body odor, my sister the girlie girl.

ME- None of that has changed- thus the reason I was in the shower.

YB- All those years you picked on me and the guys for being muscle heads- now you are turning into one

ME- No I am not- I plan on retaining my brain- something you 6 didn't have to start with.

YB- What happened to I want feminine curves.

ME- I do want them- this is going to help me get them... I don't want a chest and guns like yours.

YB- I swear you have been replaced by an Alien life form...

ME- No I haven't I have just taken control of my life. Are we done- I'm dripping water all over my bedroom carpet and I am getting cold, can I go dry off and get dressed now- please?

YB- Yeah sure, oh hey Ter- I'm really proud of you for all the work you are doing to improve your health.

CLICK.

Now many of you don't know - my younger brother is a man of few words and this conversation is one of the longest phone conversations we have ever had.

Living the journey with joy....

No comments: