Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Overcoming the demons that live in our head

We all have them- some worse then others.

I have talked before about the 1 Demon - this whole I am worthless conversation. My Coach has told me several times that God does not make worthless and God made us all. ( I don't mean to offend anyone's religious beliefs- this is what I believe) I'm working on believing that. God doesn't make trash, and only trash is worthless.

Well I have several other demons I need to handle as well.

The first of these is :
The I don't belong demon- I have often felt like I didn't belong in alot of places, and for sure- every time I walk into that Gym I automatically go to - I DO NOT BELONG IN THIS PLACE. It's nearly screaming at me, each morning I get up - get dressed and go to the gym and have to sit in the car for 20 minutes talking to myself - telling myself to get out of the car and go do my work out. Its hard but I am dealing with it.

Demon #2-
I AM GOING TO FAIL AT THIS.... I have the greatest coach in the world- he deals so well with me when I am spazzing out and boy was I SPAZZING out today. After each workout I am STARVED- I eat my fruit before I go to the gym and then when I finish my work out I am I am so hungry I could eat the car. I emailed my coach- that I could not be so hungry and so scared that eating will lead to weight gain.
He of course helped me work out an eating planning that works for the lifestyle. A lifestyle that involves an hour in the gym every morning.

Demon #3
My eyes- I can't see much of the weight loss- unless I look at my clothes, and my rings. I found a ring that my brother gave me for my 21st birthday- its a beautiful blue topaz ring which is my birthstone- I haven't been able to get it on my finger since I was 25, I can now wear it and its almost too loose. I need to get my brain in line with the body.

So far those are the Demons I have uncovered.

The journey has many bumps but its so worth it.

No comments: