Sunday, March 8, 2009

How can 1 body hurt this much

A week and 1/2 ago I joined a gym. Its 2 miles from home and 1/2 a mile from work. They open at 5 Am 6 mornings a week, and have a lovely aqua center. As part of my membership I get 3 one hour sessions with a personal trainer plus a 1 hour orientation session.

My orientation session went great- the guy showed me how to use all the machines and equipment. I did a few minutes on each machine and liked it.

I went a few times on my own and did a bike ride or walked on the treadmill, or swam. Then yesterday morning was my first session with the Personal trainer.... OH MY- in 1 hour he had me do soooooo much.

I had a date last night and mid way thru dinner my calves went into charlie horses. Very nice impression that must have made.

I woke up this morning very much in pain and almost unable to move- my muscles hurt, my joints are screaming. My right SI joint ( hip meets leg joint) feels like it is totally locked. My coach recommend a hot shower then a cold shower then hot shower, cold shower. I have been doing that its helping some.

Tomorrow morning I am getting up at 5 to be at the gym for 5:30 to workout again. I have my second session with the Personal Trainer on Tuesday morning.

I'm going on the soreness means I am alive- gee isn't it a great to be alive.

The journey takes us in different directions, enjoy it.

No comments: