Saturday, March 14, 2009

What a difference 6 months makes

Today is my 6th month Anniversary of sorts. It was 6 months ago today that I decided to take control of my life and my weight.

What a journey so far.

I want to say I have the most amazing coach in the world- he is always right on the nose with is advice, he deals with my fears, with me being a spaz. He offers guidance and understanding and when I need it a good kick in the butt. He is a wonderful and amazing doctor, and I am so appreciative to have him on my side.

Things have changed alot in 6 months- here are some of the changes :

The pantry no longer contains pop tarts, chips a hoy, Frito's, or bags of Reese's peanut butter cups.
The fridge and freezer no longer contain frozen pizza, Ben and Jerry's or chocolate milk.
My desk drawer no longer holds baby Ruth bars, milky way bars or Snickers bars.
It no longer takes me an hour to make my king size bed.
I don't have to sit down immediately after a shower because the time it took to shower was too long for me to be standing.
I no longer fear the 15 steps up to my second floor office.
Most of my shirts will not stay up on my shoulders
All my slacks need belts to stay up on my hips
I now belong to a gym.
It no longer takes me 5 hours to clean my 900 sq foot apartment- because I have to sit down every 10 minutes.
I have been dating.
I can now play with my nephews .
There are no more automatic orders at restaurants I think about what the best choice is.

Sure I have a long way to go- but I'm enjoying the process of getting there.

I have been complaining for 2 weeks about how much my body hurt working out- this morning I woke up at 5 AM- and no very little body pain or aches, in fact the workout was fun and I felt great afterwards. I felt so good in fact that my boss asked me to "tone down" my bubbleness today..
Of course that request came as I was blasting Donny Osmond ( Ok I am 45 and he was my teenage idol) from the CD player in my office.

Life is good... the journey is only getting better.


No comments: