Monday, January 12, 2009

Procrastinators

My Dad was the king of procrastinators. The day I got married 23 years ago- I was supposed to be walking down the aisle at 10 am- at 9:45 my Mom was fussing with my Dad to get in the shower and get dressed. Yeah I didnt make that 10 am call. It was more like 10:30.

I'm not really a procrastinator I am more of a planner/preparer. My boss and I are leaving Wednesday evening for Las Vegas. Three weeks ago I had my list of things I needed to take with me written. As I did Laundry on Saturday I folded and packed most of my clothes, only thing left unpacked are my glasses/contacts, make up, etc.

Today I asked my boss if he knew what he was taking- he said NO, that he in fact had not even done laundry yet...... We saw patients all day today, tomorrow afternoon and wednesday morning. So just when is he planning on doing laundry?
Don't get me wrong- I adore my boss- he is one of my best friends- but somedays I would like to smack him. There was the time in 2002 when he was going to Irland. He had booked the trip 5 months ahead of time. He had been excited about it, looking forward to it. I arrived at his house on Saturday afternoon to take him to the airport- anticipating throwing his bag into the trunk and heading to the airport. WRONG- when I arrive at his house- he had not packed a thing!!!!- worse then that his bag was broken and it was then that he told me that it had been broken for about 6 months????

Thanks for letting me vent- and for those of you that wait till the last minute to do everything- CUT IT OUT- you make those of us that plan and prepare NUTS.

No comments: