Wednesday, January 21, 2009

74.4

That is the number of pounds I have lost so far.....

I know unbelievable. I was shocked.

Today I had an appointment with my new PCP. She is very supportive of the weight loss, very encouraging of all that I am doing.

Not long after I started my weight loss journey I started experiencing serious drops in my blood sugars- a few mornings my levels were low enough that I passed out. When I called my previous PCP she told me that I should not have changed how I was eating - that I was too old and that I needed to resume what my body was used to. So I fired her. I had been
delaying finding another one, and was not sure I really wanted to find 1. But I am very happy with this new doctor.

My blood pressure is also an issue- it was way too low so she took me off 1 of the meds I had been on and cut the other in 1/2.

They only part of the appointment that kind of sucked was when she told me that I am now old enough that I need to be aware of bone loss, but that I am still young enough that I have to also worry about getting pregnant- kind of sucks if you ask me.

But all in all it was a good day.

This journey is awesome.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Hooray! Just think, you have lost the equivalent weight of a 4th grader. Good job, Terry!

Jeff said...

Way to go, Ter. You are amazing! You look fantastic! Keep up the great work.

mem said...

Terry, good grief that is alot of weight.
74.4 unbelievable! Terry just think how tired you would be to carry a 74 pound dumbbell around all day. When you think of it that way it is incredible and I am so proud for you.
Good job Terry.