Saturday, November 29, 2008

Adventage of being sick

There is some advantage to being sick. I guess- if you look at it that way.

I went to my PCP Wednesday she diagnoised me with Strep and double inner ear infections, she wanted to see me again today to check the ear infections- I am pleased to say that they are improving- not totally cleared up but much better then they were. The Throat is better too- I can actually swallow again.
Between Wednesday and today I haven't had much of an appetite and have pretty much exsisted on chicken broth, and frozen sugar free popsciles.

Well when I stepped on her office scale today - it revealed that I have lost 51 pounds. I was at 47 down on Wednesday.

My coach and I agree its not about lost pounds or inches lost- its about being healthy- and yeah I know spending 3 days in bed with strep and ear infections isn't really healthy - I am living a much healthier lifestyle.

Gone are the dinners for Mac and cheese, double cheese pizza, or cheese steak subs. No more Pancakes smoothered in butter and syrup for breakfast. Instead breakfast is fruit or oatmeal, lunch is a salad or some kind of veggie based soup, dinner is protein and veggies.

Thanksgiving dinner for me was Chicken broth, hot tea and latter in the eveing a strawberry popscile.

The journey thru life is a marathon not a spirnt so pace yourself.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Wow, Terry, 51 pounds. Way to go!

2 yrs ago, I had my second bout of kidney stones -- lost 9 pounds. Don't recommend that diet, though!

Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! that's a tremendous loss and you are so well on your way in this marathon of life.

keep at it---there are people out here (delurking &) cheering you onward.

mem said...

Terry I hope your feeling better. I know that illness is a big set back. I always want comfort food to ahhhh comfort me. Chicken broth is a good comfort food.
I was not true to my plan over the Thanksgiving weekend. Close but not great. I'm an emotional eater and closing our family home made me want to eat ice cream and cake and wash it down with egg nog. It was that bad.
Your right it is a marathon, where is the fire? As long as I take forward steps I will get there. It didn't just take a month for me to get this big.
I hope you feel better soon. You goota get well before Santa comes. Best regards, Mem