Sunday, November 9, 2008

Atlanta and back

On Thursday afternoon my boss, co-worker and I left Baltimore for Atlanta on an Amtrak train. Yes you read that right.... its a 15 plus hour train ride. I was over night, my boss who apparently can sleep thru just about anything and anywhere slept most of the way down and back. From Friday morning till Saturday evening we were attending The Family Practice -chiropractic seminar. Dr. Erik Plasker is the head of the Family Practice, he has written a book called the 100 year lifestyle.

If you havent read the book- I highly recommend it.

So a 15 hour train ride each way , could have proven to be a chellenge for eating right, but I did well. I had plenty of fruit with me, nuts, and water with me. Eating while there was also relatively easy- the hotel resturant had a breakfast buffet that included lots and lots of fresh fruit and protein choices. Dinner at Bricktops resturant was great.

I did come home with several things: ( Besides a pink princess cap)

Its not about pounds or inches lost- its about living healthy for a long and fun filled life.

That a healthy long life is work, and its not an automatic.

That change is the only constant in life.

I am also feeling more confident about myself, my choices and my abilities at work and in life.

Life is journey- enjoy the scenery along the way.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Terry, found your blog through Jeff's comments section.Just wanted to say hi and keep working hard!

Can't wait to hear more from you.

Anonymous said...

I want a "pink" princess tiara too --