Friday, December 5, 2008

Temptations

It's another cold Friday night here in Md so I am sitting here thinking about all the temptations I have had this week.

My office was supposed to be moving in to a FABULOUS historic house this weekend, but thanks to an Electrical contract that has no integrity the house still ( after 12 months) has NO power. So we have delayed for the 4th time this move. The stress of dealing with my boss, and all this crap has made me want ice cream, chocolate and wine. In stead I volunteered at the toy drive at the church.

It's cold, unseasonalby cold - for some reason the cold makes me want to eat as well. I want comfort foods- mac & cheese baked hot from the oven, my late mother in laws chicken pot pie, my late husband's blue berry pancakes- all bad and not on my eating plan. In stead I made some homemade applesauce, it was wonderful.

I watched my nephews for a while tonight. They wanted to order a pizza for dinner. It smelled so good, I was tempted but had my salad and made sure to sent the box with the uneaten pizza home with them. The 2 of them are growing boys and I am sure it wont make it thru the evening. If it does their Dad I am sure will finish it when he gets home from work.

I have a feeling its going to be a long winter- I am not looking forward to it.
My good friend is running tomorrow in the Jingle Bell 5 k, and Sunday in a metric Marathon- the weather man is calling for it to only be in the 30s - brrrrr too cold - even if you are running a mile in 10 minutes. Good Luck Jeff and stay as warm as you can.

Are you enjoying the journey so far?

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Way to go fending off those temptations, Terry. You need to find a way to look forward to every day (even the cold ones!)

Thanks for the weekend vibes! Too bad the weather man couldn't help out.