Sunday, August 2, 2009

The week of 7/27/09-8/2/09

The week of 7/27/09-8/2/09

The pool at the gym has been closed all week for repair- so I opted to workout in my friends outdoor swimming pool and enjoy the splendor of the sunshine and God’s creations…. It’s been fun and I have the starts to a great tan too.

Monday I did an hour of deep water running
Tuesday I did 90 minutes of water aerobic
Wednesday I did a 30minutes of Richard Simmons, 30 minutes of a band work out and 20 minute o f hula hoop
Thursday I did 2 and ½ hours of aerobics, running and laps
Friday we had thunder storms so I did Sweating to the oldies for 40 minutes, a band work out for 30 minutes and worked the hula hoop for 20 minutes.
Saturday I did 90 of deep water running
Sunday – 60 minutes of Richard Simmons, 20 minutes of hula hoop and 30 minutes of Band work

This has been a fun sort of week. I really enjoy being out in the sun shine- it seems to make the happy juices in my body flow, seriously the gray, dark days of January and February make me feel very depressed. Being out in the sun this week has made me feel really good.

My shoulder is feeling about 70% better, thanks to my boss ultra sounding it every day , and the stretches Dr. Wood showed me last weekend. My whole body feels better when I move it; this used to not be the case, but sure is now.

On Saturday my friend Gina asked me to come over and tell my story and weight loss success to a couple of her friends that are also struggling with their weight. I hope what I had to say and offer them was helpful to them. Perhaps I don’t want to see it, but I just don’t get why folks are so amazed when they hear I have lost nearly a 130lbs in 10 months.

Saturday night Gina and Dawn came over again and helped me clear out the coat closet in my living room. I seriously nearly cried when I had to part with me long black leather coat. In February when I last wore this dress coat it was HUGE on me and could easily have been made into a double breasted coat, last night it was soooo huge I could have button each side in each arm. That coat was something very special to me- I am not one to spend a lot of money on myself- about 5 yrs ago I had gotten a nice bonus from work and saw this coat (something I had wanted for a very long time) on a 75% close out sale and bought it for myself. I had to keep telling myself last night that there will be more stylish long black leather coats in my future. I now have 15 bags full of clothes that Purple Heart will be picking up tomorrow. My hope is that many people will be able to get use out of my pretty things.

My tonsil surgery is two weeks from Monday- I am getting anxious about this one. I know I am healthier then I have ever been before going into a surgery, but it only takes once of waking up in the middle of the surgery because the anesthioligst didn’t give you enough to keep you out- to be forever worried when you have to have surgery. I have a great ENT- Dr. McCorkle is one of the best so I know he will do a great job. I am planning on take the week off from work, and will see how I feel the second week as to whether or not I go into the office. I can always work from home.

Last weekend my boss and I were at a seminar in Philadelphia- it was awesome. On Friday night we went to my Coach’s office and then to dinner with him. When I told people this week that I had dinner with my coach – they all asked if I had been nervous or anxious about that , and then looked at me like I was retarded when I said NO I had not been. I never really occurred to me to be anxious about having dinner with him. Maybe it was because I know his story, but I ordered like I normally would have, enjoyed my fish and shrimp and really enjoyed the conversation which was far more interesting then when I put in my mouth.

For those of you that have asked about how things are going on how things are going in the dating arena- well they aren’t. I continue to have several online dating site profiles up, I do occasionally get hits, mostly from 19 till 25 year old men- which I have no interest in. I know that when and if God is ready for me to have a mate, a loving and wonderful partner, he will put him in my path. But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be interested in meeting any gentlemen age 40 or older you think I might enjoy the company of.

Life continues to be great. I find I have more and more energy every day; I am moving and enjoying living so much more than I ever have. It seems like every day I discover something new or different about myself. A few months ago I discovered I had collar bones. I have always slept on my left side, lately there seems to be something hard on the left hip area- I am going to say it’s a bone that has been there all along. The steps are no longer a challenge for me, chase the cat is now fun and I still dislike shopping.

As always thanks for your love and support. God bless

Enjoy the day to day twists of this Journey.


Terry

No comments: