Sunday, August 9, 2009

This week

This week’s accomplishments: - 8/3/09- 8/9/09

It was back to the pool at the Gym this week and still using my friend’s outdoor pool some.

Monday I did an hour of deep water running
Tuesday I did 90 minutes of water aerobic, 30 minutes of deep water running
Wednesday I did 90 minutes of deep water running
Thursday I did 2 and ½ hours of aerobics, running and laps
Friday I did 90 minutes of deep water running and then 3 hours of swimming and sunning outdoors
Saturday I did 90 of deep water running
Sunday – 60 minutes of Richard Simmons, 30 minutes of Band work, about 4 hours of swimming and sunning in the outdoor pool.

I am so enjoying the sun shine- I have a nice tan and feel so happy from the sun. I don’t totally understand what the sun does for the body- I just know I am happier being in it.

My shoulder is feeling about 80% better, thanks to my boss adjusting it almost every day, and the stretches Dr. Wood showed me. I am just that I can move and move so easily.

A friend of my parents is a nurse that runs patient support programs at a local hospital she asked me to go speak to the weight loss group. I was a bit terrified by the thought of it, but it turned out great.

I had to have a blood test done, well actually several, this week in preparation for the tonsil surgery. I was told not to eat or drink for 12 hours prior to my scheduled time for the test. My appointment was for 8:30 Tuesday morning. I had dinner at 7 Monday night, went to the gym and then to the office to shower, since we knew my blood sugars would be dropping my boss had agreed to drive me, when we got to the lab, they would not see me since they could not read my name completely on the form. I was pissed off…. I felt horrible, light headed dizzy and sick to my stomach. Once back at the office I had some fresh fruit and felt better. Rescheduled for Thursday morning at 8:45 with a new form. Thursday morning I worked out for 2 and half hours like normal, then went with my friend Dawn to the lab, then to breakfast, by the time we got to the restaurant I was pale, shaking and very light headed. Downing 2 glasses of fresh apple cider did make me feel better, and then a ham and cheese omelet helped a lot more. It makes me think that the day of the surgery is going to be NOT so fun. I won’t be able to eat from Sunday evening till after I get home. I had planned on going to dinner Sunday night with friends but have a meeting to attend in King of Prussia PA.

I continue to be amazed at the weight that seems to be just melting away. As I write this I am wearing a pair of jean shorts that last summer I could not get to zipper or button, today I need a belt to keep them on my hips.

My tonsil surgery is in a week. I am really nervous about this. I am planning on taking the week of the 17th off, and will see about the following week. For those of you that live close you are welcome to stop by for a visit and keep me from going insane from boredom.

Life is good and getting better every day.

As always thanks for your love and support. God bless
Relax and enjoy the journey

No comments: