Sunday, August 30, 2009

A better week

This week’s accomplishments: - 8/24/09-8/30/09

A better week for sure, the Demerol fog has lifted, and the last 4 days I have been able to eat and swallow real food. Tomorrow is return to work. Hopefully the doctor will clear me Tuesday for a return to the gym Wednesday.
Wednesday was my first real food- thanks to Dawn who took me out for lunch, it took me about an hour to eat a 4oz chopped burger but it tasted very good.
Thursday I did work for about 3 hours at the office- I did payroll and got the stuff together for the practice management seminar we were attending in New Jersey.
Very early Friday morning we left for the drive to Jersey City New Jersey- despite some detours getting to my boss’ house to meet him, and some heavy rain on the way up the drive took only about 4 and half hours. The seminar was awesome the Hotel was lovely- many of the folks attending I had not seen since early November and they were all very shocked at how different I looked. Lots of compliments this weekend.
I did the driving up and back and really felt pretty good- other then I got tired out very easily, both Friday and last night I was in bed by 10 and out as soon as my head hit the pillow. But I guess being tired is just part of the healing process.
I have done some serious thinking this week- thinking how lucky I am to have an amazing boss that really does respect me, wonderful friends, and a great family and last September God blessed me with an amazing Coach. I have done so much and feel so incredible. I thought it was taking a long time to recover from the tonsil removal, till I talked with the ENT the other day and he was amazed at how well I was doing and feel so soon, so I guess I was just being impatient with myself again.
I cannot believe it is already September- where did the summer go? Next weekend is Labor weekend WOW- time is flying by…. Living life to its fullest …. Making the most of each day.

As always I really do appreciate each and every one of you that takes the time to read and or comment on my blog posts. Thank you so very much- your love and support really do mean a lot to me.
I want to wish everyone a safe and happy Labor day weekend.

This is an amazing journey- hold on its about to get better for sure.

No comments: