Sunday, September 6, 2009

What a week !!!

This week’s accomplishments: - 8/31/09- 9/6/09

What a week!!!!

Well my surgeon and I had agreed I could go back to work this week, if I only worked 5 to 6 hours a day, well that did not happen. In fact I worked 3 consecutive 12 hour days at the beginning of the week, 8 hours on Thursday and 5 on Friday, and another 8 today.
Unfortunately, I had to terminate one of the Chiropractic assistance that worked for us, it really hurt my heart and soul to have to do that, but my boss and I had no choice. For those of you that have ever had to terminate someone you know what I am talking about, you invest so much in to them and then are left with little options. On the high side- we did some interviews late in the week and 1 of the candidates was just a great fit, so we offered the job and have a new employee starting next week.
My throat is doing better, still a bit sore but I am finding that if I keep it moistened with cold liquids it feels better. My shoulder is also nearly totally healed- now just reaching over my head provokes pain.
Next Sunday will be a year I have been working with my coach….. It’s been an amazing year and I feel so good. Seriously no price can be put on being able to move and live life. For the last year or so my friend Naomi has been on my case to come to Florida to visit her, well later this month I will FINALLY be doing just that. She is having a ball planning all kinds of fun things for us to do including a visit to the magic kingdom…. A year ago I would have made excused to not go- for fear I would not be able to keep up with her- not now, while there is a small bit of anxiety about all the walking involved with the magic kingdom- I am excited about it, and excited about doing 1 of the things on my 101 things to do before I die list.
Ariel has not been happy this week, she had not liked my return to work, nor that she has been left alone during the day. She is spoiled but loves me, and wants to spend every moment with me, as I write this she is sleeping on my feet…. NOW if I could only find a man that would love and adore me so much.
Today would have been my Late husband Edward’s 52nd birthday. He was taken home so young- but I know he is at peace and not suffering.
Life really is good.
The journey is getting great… hold on tight..

No comments: