Friday, April 3, 2009

WAAHHOOO Moments

Waahhoo moments are new for me- but I have had several lately.

This morning I woke up feeling much better then I have the last 2 days- Wednesday and Thursday I had a sore throat, stuffy head and fever- this morning I was like 95% better- and I took NO medications - just vitamin C, lots and lots of fluids and sleep.
WAAHHOOO

Not to long ago I had a very disastous date- the date started off well, but as we were finishing lunch the gentleman informed me of prefence that he has that I found degrading, gross and disgusting. When I called on of my oldest friend shaking my head in disbelieve, my friend gentle asked me - Ter - you and I both know you have struggled with low self-esteem for years, please tell me you said NO, I laughed and put my friend at ease - telling him- OH I did more then that- I thanked him ( the date) for lunch and walked out of the restuarant and drove him. All the while shaking my head. The old me would have tried to make his sicko request be ok.
WAAHHOO

After work today I went shopping with my girl friend Dawn. Dawn has 1 of the gastric bypass surgeries a few years ago, this past November Dawn had a liver transplant as she has liver cancer. Dawn has lost alot of weight. She agreed to join me at the gym and in the pool sunday Morning. She needed a bathing suit- so we went to walmart tonight. It was fun plucking bathing suits off the rack and tossing them into her cart. She swears in a year or less she will be doing this with me.
While she was trying on bathing suits- I was looking around and found tops that fit me- OMG clothes for me at Walmart. YEAP- They are plus sized tops but they fit , and fit well.They were less then 10 dollars a piece too.
WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO

I am moving and doing, and enjoying and living so much these days that it really feels like I am having Waahhoo moments alot.

Living this journey is sooo awesome.

No comments: