Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Side lined for a few days

For the last week I have been having horrible muscle spasms from my right hip down my right leg. They were getting so bad that I have not been sleeping. It seems that in my overly zellous enjoyment of the gym- working out for 2 and 1/2 hours on Sunday was not the best thing for my body.....

Yes I need to learn to pace myself,but hey I'm new to this.


Yesterday I noticed that the right side of my face was a bit swollen. Last night I noticed that the glands in my groin were swollen. I knew I had an appointment with my PCP today anyway for a follow up so I figured I'd discuss all this with her then.

Well by this morning it hurt to swollow, the right side of my face was very swollen, and I felt feverish. I was stupid and still went to the gym this morning but working out was hard.

So the bad news from the doctor :
I have a severe strep throat and possibly Mono- she did a blood test and will have the results tomorrow. I'm on bed rest till at least Friday, maybe longer if I do have mono.

The good news:
I have lost 91.7lbs.... Amazing
she reduced my diabetic medication again this is the 4th drop in 6 months.

What does my wonderful coach say:
Keep the fire burning at a stead flame- dont burn to hot or too cold...
IE- slow but steady is better then doing to much at 1 time.
And of course to follow my doctors orders.

Life is a learning experience....

1 comment:

drsoos said...

Terri, I am so impressed with you. I check in with Jeff every several weeks and I saw your link. Way to go!!! Just remember you were always a beautiful person...it's the inside that really counts. As I've been feeling out of control the past several months, I understand what you mean by taking control...one day at a time. (Susan S.)
P.S. What gym did you join?