Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year

It’s the most wonderful time of the year

Well maybe- personally I dislike this time of the year. I think it brings out the worst in people. A number of years ago, when the oldest nephew was about 5 he wanted a down comforter for his bed , like I had given his parents the year before. Macy was having a sale, my husband who was still working at the time, had dropped me off at the entrance and waited for me. I was going into the store to get the comforter only.
When I reached the bedding department I found 2 older women fighting over the last king sized comforter. Seriously two 60+ year old women fist fighting over a comforter.

For me this is the most wonderful time of the year because JAMICIA Beckons.
Early the morning after Christmas I will be boarding an Air Jamaica flight to Montego Bay, from there I have an hour car ride to Runaway bay. Runaway bay is on the north side of the island. I love Jamaica.

IN 2003 (a year that was NOT a good one) I made my first trip to Jamaica- from the moment I stepped off the plane I knew I was in paradise. I know this will sound weird but for me- I experience GOD when I am in Jamaica. The beautiful, tranquil, sensual island feeds my soul. The sun is always bright, the Caribbean is always bath water warm, and the rum is always ice cold.
So have fun shopping and hanging the tinsel… I’ll be digging out my warm weather clothing, sun screen and bathing suits.
I hope you all had a Very Happy Thanksgiving and that your travel was safe.

This Journey takes us too many destinations each one holds its own surprises.

No comments: