Sunday, November 1, 2009

How I make it work

How I make this work

I have been asked a lot how I do what I do and make this work. Well the answer is this- I DON’T know….
I was asked the same question the whole 3 and ½ years I cared for my bedridden Husband and the answer was the same- I don’t really know, I don’t think about it l, I take 1 day at a time and do what needs to be done in the course of that day.

Being organized helps I guess, so here is a typical Monday – Friday for me

5Am- Alarm goes off, I brush my teeth, comb my hair, put in my contacts, ect- slip into my bathing suit, put on a sweat suit over it, make sure Ariel ( my cat) has food and water and head out for the 2 mile drive to the gym. I usually have an orange or banana on my way- I have found that eating these potassium rich foods lessens the muscle cramps during my workouts.

By 5:30-5:40 I am in the water at Brick bodies in Reisterstown, I do a variety of exercises in the water- from simple stretching to deep water running, swimming, water aerobics, etc. I usually am there working out between 75 minutes and 2 hours.

I then head to the office where I shower, dress, have some breakfast, and start our day working. I typically work till somewhere between 6 and 7 sometimes later. I try to eat every 3 hours or so- I eat small meals consisting of about 200 calories at a time. Usually its fruit, nuts, fresh veggies, lean proteins.
One of my favorite lunches is Chinese food- my favorite place it China Moon, I have lunch there at least once a week, usually more.

After work I head home, throw my bathing suit and towel in the washer. I fix some dinner, by then my bathing suit and towel are ready to go in the dryer. I play with Ariel, read my emails, maybe watch a bit of TV, read a book, play with Ariel, and by 9:00 I am feeling tired.

Before I go to bed- I pack my gym bag. When I joined Brick Bodies they gave me this nice black backpack. So each evening I decide what I am going to wear to work the next day. Pack that outfit, my towel, whatever accessories I want for the next day into my gym bag, and place it by the front door.
By 9:30 PM I am in bed, getting ready to fall asleep- typically I read for about ½ hour and then can usually not keep my eyes open any longer.

For those of you reading that that have been in my life for a long time- YES those night owl ways are long long gone. Now the only time I see 2 AM is if Ariel has woke me up or the alarm company is calling about the office alarm.

Saturdays the gym doesn’t open till 7 which makes getting to work by 7:30 difficult, so I either go after work, or work out with my bands, Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies DVD or one of the other at home work outs I have.

Sundays I don’t go to the gym at all. I usually get up and do the Richard Simmons DVD, I sing and dance while making my bed, cleaning the apartment and doing laundry. I work out with my pro gym bands, I take a walk. Sundays are also food shopping and any other errands I need to run.

It’s not the most exciting but it works for me.
This week has been a good one- most of the clothing I ordered last week has arrived and amazingly it fits, smaller sizes then I have seen in my closet in years. But most of it is warm and will keep me from freezing this winter.

As I have spoken of before I have this story that I am worthless. I have worked hard to eliminate it from my life but its still there- I see it in how I purchase things that are just for me- I only buy clothes when I absolutely have to, but I don’t buy frivolous things for myself usually. I have been wanting a pink sapphire ring for a while now. I kept telling myself that someone day I would meet a man and he would put one on my hand. Well my luck with dating has not been that great- well more like nonexistent. Last weekend while shopping I found a very pretty pink sapphire ring that I really liked, and decided on the spur of the moment that yes in fact I was worth it. The ring is lovely and being worn on my left hand ring finger. Surprisingly it’s a full size and ½ smaller then my wedding ring was.

As for the meeting a man- I am still hopefully but not having much success. Frankly- I am ready to give it up. But alas if any of you know a nice man between 40ish and 60ish, who actually likes and respects females, please give him my name and email address.

As always have a great week yourself. Enjoy the journey we never know where it’s going to take us.

No comments: