Sunday, December 6, 2009

Kind if a blah week

It’s been sort of a blah week for me

This week started with what I would call a disturbing call from my GYN on Sunday night. His statement sort of alarmed me. I have a horrible family history of reproductive cancers in my female family members, so hearing him say your Pap came back showing A-typical, Abnormal precancerous cells and I need to see you ASAP- 8:30 Tuesday morning- really disturbed me. He explained he needed to do second cell sampling or biopsy and that the means in which he needed to do it would be painful…. That was an understatement. (There is a part of me that sometimes feels like men come up with these things just to torture women) I had no clue what that really meant but could tell it had the potential to be not so good. (I rather prefer dealing with Chiropractors who speak a more understandable language)

Tuesday morning I arrived at his office prior to my 8:30 appointment, it was indeed a painful procedure. Friday afternoon he called and said that I was at a very low level for pre-cancerous cells and would just need to be checked more often- so instead of a pap once a year as is common for women my age he wants me to start having them every 6 months. That was actually a sigh of relief.

Friday was the 3rd Anniversary of the day Edward passed away, and for some reason that hit me much much harder this year then it has the past 2. I miss him a lot. Yes I know his suffering has ended and that he is in a much better place. It’s hard to have spent 21 yrs with someone and not miss them.

Edward and I had a bit of a whirl wind romance, and of course we had our ups and our downs but we did love each other very much. Edward never ever failed to make me laugh.

The cold, damp, rain, snow of this week has not really helped my mood much either, I like the sunshine, the warmth and happy feeling of the sun. In less than 3 weeks I will be leaving for Jamaica – I will be spending 7 days here - http://www.clubambiance.com

As for the weight loss it continues to be at a much slower rate, but it is still coming off. But as my coach tells me this was about living and moving and not a number on a scale. He is right and I am living and moving around more.

My girlfriend was laughing at me for what a traveler I have become this year-
Vegas, Jersey City, Philadelphia, King of Prussia, Langhorne PA, Florida, - there are probably a few I forgot in there too.

Jamaica in a few weeks, I will be home from Jamaica only 11 days and will be leaving for the fabulous Parker Chiropractic Seminars in Vegas.

My life really is good, I am lonely. My one and only Christmas wish is for a second true love of my life, a man I can shower with love and affection and allow him to do the same for me.

This journey is amazing- sometimes it’s best to drive slow as you never know what kinds of twists and turns are in the road ahead.

No comments: