Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thinking back and moving forward

I woke up this morning thinking about where I was 23 years ago today. Today is my 23rd Anniversary. My husband is deceased now, has been for about 2 and 1/2 years now.

How I remember this day 23 years ago- it was HOT - Horrible HOT- 103 degrees hot when we walked out of the NON air condition church at 11 AM, My dress weight 22lbs on its own, I was overweight as I have been all my life, My husband was larger then me. I was sweating horribly, and by the time I got out of that dress I had hives everywhere it touched.

Edward was a good man even after 7 stroked he tried his best to make me laugh. Ours was not the usual courtship, no we met over the phone- he was a client of the alarm monitoring company I worked for, we talked for 6 weeks on the phone before ever meeting, then 1 day he asked me to lunch and proprosed and I accepted, 13 months later we were married.

I realized how different I am then I was then- besides the fact that I was only 22 then and am now 45, besides that- there are so many other diffences- back then when I was upset or anxious I ate- not I go for a swim, back then I would go all day without eating a realy meal thinking that was going to help me loss weight now I get it that eating something small every 3 hours is soo much better for my metoblism.
Back them Ice cream, hot dogs and mac and cheese were main stays in my diet, now adays its fruits, veggies and good proteins.

Yes I would dearly love to be married again- I do better as a significant other, so far I haven't met the right man- I hope and pray there is another one out there for me.

The journey takes us places we never expected to be- but its all part of the ride, so buckle up and enjoy it.

No comments: