Monday, May 25, 2009

Life is getting interesting here

Wow is life getting very interesting these days. For starters I am noticing so much about how things used to be:

Last night my friend and I stopped at friendly's for a quick dinner- (chesseburger with out the roll) while we were there I noticed a teenager eating a reese's peices sundae. This sundae has 5 scoops of ice cream- chocolate,marshmellow, peanut butter, whipped cream, etc...
When I was in high school my friend ( who's name I will not mention) and I used to go for pizza and then for 1 of those sundaes. I dont know how we did that.

I notice that I order meals totally differently too, no more deep fried, highly fat loaded foods- Friday night a good friend took his sister and I to ruth chris for dinner-I had escargot, salad w/vinegrette dressing, filet w/broiled shrimp... Big difference from the last time I was there.

Tuesday morning I stepped on the scale at the gym- I dont weight myself often- would just make me nuts and this isnt about numbers for me - I was shocked to discover that the scales said I was 102.4 lbs lighter then 8 months ago. ITs taken a week to sink in to my head.

My clothes are all to big and some are even sliding off. I did buy a couple of summer dresses to wear to work, but they are even a bit loose now too.

Life is interesting- we are entering the hot humid summer here in MD- and I can't wait to be swimming outside, and tanning and doing all the fun summer things- I am not much of an outdoors girl. My allergeies are awful, but I am looking forward to a fun summer.

Life is interesting and the Journey is getting good.

Happy Memorial day to you all- be healthy , be safe, be alive.

2 comments:

Gigi said...

Oh, Terry! This is wonderful news. I can only imagine how pleased you must feel. Your success is my encouragement!

Dave said...

I love your writing. I hope you plan to write a book someday! Dave