Sunday, March 7, 2010

Updates and a look ahead

Updates and a look ahead

I have been getting a bunch of emails asking how things were going with my knee and Pneumonia/Pleurisy - since I have had no power all day I figured I would use the blog tonight to update everyone on things.

The knee- after 3 months of not using it much- constant icing, nearly daily chiropractic adjustments, dietary supplements, 2 cortisone injections, keniso taping, Russian bone setting techniques, laser and light treatments and using a cane to walk, it is about 80% better. Still very stiff and sore to stand on but getting better and this past Monday March 1- was my first day allowed back in the gym in 3 months. I had to promise (swear on my life and the lives of all I hold dear) that I would take it slow and careful. I was very glad to be back at Brick Bodies last Monday it felt good to be moving again.

The Pneumonia- Seems to have cleared up. After 72 hours on the antibiotic the fever went away. The cough took about 10 days to clear up. I have not needed to use the inhaler is nearly a week now. So I would say I am better from that.

The Pleurisy- Pleurisy is an irritation and inflammation of the lining between the lungs and the rib cage (at least as far as I understand it) and the doctors at Patient first warned me that this takes a long time to clear up. I have been getting great chiropractic adjustments, using a heating pad, and doing some thoracic exercises to help. I am about 50% better in this regard and doing what I have been instructed to do.

The state of Depression I was in- Getting better, the sun is at least shining here now- the temps have been in the high 40s and low 50s this past week, which while still cold are better than the 29 degrees that it had been. I swear my depression only happens in the winter and only when I do not get to see the sun for days and days. I am much better.

Celebrating turning 46- Tuesday March 2 was my 46th birthday. How did I celebrate it- with 75 minutes in the Gym that morning, then worked nearly a 13 hour day at the office- getting much done. Last Sunday my Sister in law and Nephew came to see me and brought me some lovely shower gel and body lotions from Bath and Body works. Tuesday I had lots of birthday wishes from my friends on Face book, phone calls and well wishes from my friends. On Friday my good friend took me and his sister to my favorite Mexican place in Frederick MD for tacos and Margaritas. It was a good birthday.

This weekend- This weekend has been sort of an interesting realization of the little things we take for granted. Baltimore County has been without water for 2 days. Because of the construction that had to be done to get to the water main- a power line had to be taken down so my neighborhood has been without power a good portion of this weekend too…. UMMM how much we take for granted the ability to fill a glass, take a shower, do laundry, play on our computers, etc. As I write this power has been restored but not water.
While I have been whinny about this it really hasn’t been horrible. Yes a friend and I had to go about 12 miles from home the last night and today to get dinner. We also had to purchase water there as all the stores close to home were sold out very quickly Saturday morning.
Also this weekend I got to watch my Good friend Jeff and his friend Brian compete in the indoor Tri to help at Brick Bodies. It was awesome to watch the two of them swim, cycle, and run in an hour’s time. Congrats you two – Great job.
Coming up – This week will find me back at Brick Bodies in the pool. Working hard to make our practice AWESOME. This coming weekend I will be going to Philly with my boss and co-worker to attend an awesome training class.

This journey is amazing. I really love it.

Love and Laughter

HOORAH

Terry

No comments: