Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cause for Celebration


Cause for Celebration

Honestly I need no excuse for a celebration; life is a celebration for me. But I have decided that turning 46 is in fact cause to celebrate. 46 is a age I really had not expected to see for a number of reasons, of course there was the Buick that tackled me doing 45mph in 1984 – all the Doctors I dealt with after that accident told me I was lucky to be alive. Of course there was the “death sentence “ in 1993 when I was diagnosed with bi-lateral adrenal adenomas- the doctors at that point told me I had 18 to 22 months to live, and let’s not forget the extreme worry by family and close friends that I would take my own life after Edward passed away.
I persevered in each of these cases and I life in general.

This Tuesday I turn 46. Nope there are no big celebrations planned, in fact I will be at work all day. But inside I will be celebrating this milestone. An age I never thought I’d see.

I’m incredible grateful to the amazing family I am blessed with, an incredible group for friends that I always enjoy , a job that allows me to do what I love, and coach that offers guidance, assistance and the occasional good swift kick in the ass when I need it. Life really is good.

Oh sure there are things I want, I want to be in love, to find my soul mate and get married. I wouldn’t mind a million dollars in the bank, but can live without it. In fact I have learned that everything I really have to have in my life comes from within me.

I have been asked so often how I can be so upbeat and cheery – honestly I have down times, I am very open about these things. I look at each morning that I can put my feet on the floor as a gift from God, a gift that should not be taken lightly or misused. Then there is always the fact that I get to wake up to this adorable face every morning.

My journey is hitting a milestone this week.

Love and Laughter

HOORA

Terry

No comments: