Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Pop Tarts are talking to me

The Pop Tarts are talking to me


I am beginning to think that I need a chaperone for the grocery store. I have been feeling blah all week- mostly allergies, but there have been a few other health related issues going on as well. Nothing major but feeling blah always makes me want comfort foods, like my Grandmother’s chicken and dumplings or Donuts.
Friday dawned here cold, damp and rainy, another receipt for my wanting comfort foods. We typically finish at the office on Fridays around 12:30 or 1 in the afternoon. I decided that after getting my glasses adjusted by the best – Mr. Fred at Custom Eyes Optical, I was going to head to the local grocery store, pick up a few things and head home to crawl under the warm blankets.

Oh my- the trip into the food store was far more difficult then I had thought- I had 6 or 8 things on my list- like soup, yogurt, fruits, teas, kitty treats, etc. My first step into the store and bamm – Right there 2 feet inside the door is the HUGE Mary Sue Easter egg display- for those of you not from Maryland- MARY SUE EASTER EGGS are just the BEST- my favorite is the peanut butter cream chocolate egg …. YUMMMMMMMM!!!! It was hard but I walked away from the display empty handed, and walked right into their bakery area== they had a lot of things on sale- like a Pink Easter egg shaped cake, their honey glazed donuts on sale for a $1.00 a box, they had chocolate cupcakes with pink icing, and…… many other tempting things- again I managed to keep walking. THEN oh my- they moved the teas across from the breakfast foods- I am looking for my favorite herbal teas and the Pop Tarts are calling to me- they even have NEW pop tarts that have sprinkles on the icing. As I look for my favorite blue berry tea and the Hot Apple Cider tea I really like- I keep hearing- “Hey we are over here- you know you want to take us home, we are so yummy- hot from your toaster” I am not kidding. Even as I moved onto the produce area I could hear them calling me.
Somehow thee bag of apples, container of Strawberries and grapes I bought do not come close to being as tempting as the bakery goods , Easter eggs and Pop tarts… My 1 indulgence was some sugar free chocolate pudding.

Do foods talk to you? Do they call to you as you are walking thru the food market? Do you need a chaperone in the food store?

I thought 18 months into this journey – I was passed these issues- but I guess not.

This journey is amazing- you keep learning things about yourself every day.

Love and Laughter

Hoorah

Terry

No comments: