Sunday, January 3, 2010

Out with the old/ In with the new


Out with the old /in with the new

It’s amazing that we are in 2010. Seems like only yesterday we were worried about Y2K, and now that was a decade ago.
I have to admit it was totally amazing to bring in the New Year/New Decade dressed in a flimsy sundress, outside under the stars, totally enjoying a full moon. The resort in Jamaica did an awesome Job of the New Years Eve celebration. Anyone looking for a nice relaxing vacation I highly recommend this place http://www.clubambiance.com .
I have posted some of my 162 photos http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=369571&id=631730532 .

I came home with my body tanned, my soul nourished, my batteries recharged and my spirit renewed; pretty cool what a week in the sun, doing nothing can do for a person.

I spent a good bit of time pondering some things, my coach has been telling me for a while now that I have changed in the last year. Not just the loss in weight, but that my way of being has changed, my whole outlook on life has changed. He is right, but I spent a good bit of time trying to figure out what has changed, when I changed and how I have changed. I still have not been able to put my finger on it, but I do know that I feel more confident in myself, I have a better self esteem, I enjoy living more, and I am getting more out of life.
I thought about the previous New Years I have brought in during my lifetime- and this one was by far the best.
Last New Years I said my goals for 2009 were to have lost 150 lbs from Sept 14 2008 till Sept 14, 2009 (1 yr of working with my coach) well I came damn close I had lost 149lbs at that point. Currently I am about 180lbs down. I feel great, had little problem walking in to the ocean (the moving sand does prove a challenge to walk on)
I had also said that 2009 was going to be the year that I fell madly passionately in love with a man- well that did not happen at all. It’s ok- I will happen when God is ready for me to have it.
The business had a good year, not great but a good one, better than the year before.

As for 2010- well here is what I say is going to happen:
The practice is going to thrive
I am going to continue my weight loss
I am going to get the issues squared away with my knee
Be open for the love of my life to come into my life
Practice being a peace
Be of assistance to my friends and family

I’d love to be engaged by the end of this year, it’s my goal to bring in 2011 in Jamaica again, and both are things I will be working toward.

Life is good; this journey is amazing and taking me to all kinds of new places.

God bless all that read this blog regularly, Happy New Year may 2010 be the year your dreams come true.

Love and Laughter
Terry

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Good for you, Terry! New Year New You!