Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Things I need to gett off my chest

Things I need to get off my Chest

There are few things I need to get off my chest- things that have just been annoying me lately.


Children- I do not have any of my own, I could not conceive in 5 years of trying, but I generally love children. I am guilty as charged when folks tell me I indulge my 2 nephews; my friends that have children know that I am usually a willing babysitter. However folks Children should be taught to behavior in public- I was, my friends were. To honest I do not recall either of my parents ever raising a hand to me- the threat that they would was all I needed.
Let me elaborate a bit here-
I am all for exposing Children to different cultures, and new experiences, I was. But seriously folks your 22 month old is NOT going to remember spending New Years in Jamaica. Wait till they are OLD enough to understand the impact of these new experiences. When you have them on an airplane, bus, train, restaurant, etc- make them behave- we do not think it’s cute or adorable to have our seat backs kicked from Montego bay to Baltimore, we do not enjoy having them scream in our ears from Baltimore to New York. It is not cute when then stands up on the seat in front of us and droll their lollipop all over us- it’s gross. It’s not funny when they cough and sneeze in our faces while looking over your shoulder as you hold them waiting in the line at security.
I have to admit I owe my Friend Dr. Dave an apology- a few weeks ago he was on an Amtrak train from Baltimore to New York and had a young girl screaming and jumping up and down in the seat behind him and I was laughing at his facebook posts about how annoying it was. I am sorry for Laughing Dr. Dave.

Global warming- Really? Most of the United states in experiencing frigid cold temperatures. We had a cooler than normal summer, almost no fall. So where are things warming?

Rude people- For the last couple of weeks I have been having problems with my Right knee, the MRI report is not very promising and I have an appointment with some of the best Orthopedist around on Friday. My knee simply is not bending and therefore I have been limping and moving slower than normal. Seriously folks there is no need to shove grocery carts into my back as I am shopping- say excuse me and I will get out of your way if you are in that much of a hurry. Also there is no need to comment on my weight- I know I am over weight and working hard on that issue.

Dating- It sucks in your 40s. But men out there dating in this age pool- get really- it’s not ok to assume the only way to break the ice and get to know a woman is to sleep with her. It’s not ok to eat your meal at a nice restaurant with your fingers. It does not ok insist the first date be at her place. It’s not ok to ask for your disgusting sexual fetishes on the first date. Be the gentlemen you Momma taught you to be.

Foods- I am probably one of the biggest sweetaolics you will ever meet. Last night as I lay in bed watching the Jay Leno show- I was so grossed out I thought I would have to go vomit… Jay and his guest were making Deep Fried Oreos…. YES you read that right Need fried Oreos- they took Oreo cookies, dipped them in whole milk, white flour, rolled them in tempura batter and then deep fried them. As if that were not bad enough they then made Deep Fried Pizza…
I recently read an article that the Texas state fair’s 2 top selling foods were deep friend butter and deep fried bacon…. I can hear the arteries clogging.
In September at the annual Reister’s towne Festival one of the vendors was offering Deep fried Twinkies. REALLY- do you know that a Twinkie can with stand the heat from a blow torch that will melt steel? Why would you want to put this into your body?
As I said I love sweet things. I have had to learn to change my eating habits, but even at my worst Deep fried Twinkies and Oreos never appealed to me.
When I really want something sweet- I do indulge in something good- for instance if I want ice cream I go to Hoffman’s Ice Cream and get a dip of Good Ice Cream- its homemade with all natural ingredients. If I really want Chocolate I get some Dark Chocolate. Yes that also includes cocktails. Be smart and put good things into your body.

No comments: