Sunday, January 10, 2010

You got to have goals



You got to have goals

I borrowed those words from my friend Jeff. Jeff is a numbers guy- I am not a numbers girl and never have been. I do agree though that we all need goals. Here are my 2010 goals:

Health and well being:
Continue weight loss
Continue work outs
Get issues with my knee handled so I can do above
Learn to dance

Personally life:
Date
Fall in love and be engaged by end of the year
Bring in 2011 in Jamaica again

Work:
I want the practice to thrive
2010 to be our best yr ever

There were a number of highlights of 2009. Last January The Parker Vegas Seminar was amazing- I had so much energy and easy of movement. I had a ball. The look on my Coach’s face in July when I know only got on to the floor in his office, but got up with relative easy. How could the dance in the street in front of Cinderella’s castle with Chip and Dale at the Magic Kingdom not be one of the outstanding highlights of 2009? Of course an outstanding end to an amazing year was bringing the year to a close in Sunny beautiful Jamaica.

As you see one of the goals for this year is to get my knee straighten out. On Friday I saw an Orthopedist, and I have to admit I was less than happy with him. I felt totally dismissed and like I was imposing on him and a waste his time. He more or less told me that the 180lbs I have lost so far doesn’t matter and that when I get down to the 120 range we will talk. (I know the national BMI charts say women my height should weigh around that amount but it’s not a realistic weight for me)
He did put a cortisone injection in there- which made it hurt even more. The knee remains tremendously swollen. I have spent most of the weekend with ice packs on it. Clearly when its 20 degrees outside and 1 knee is packed in ice- I have done my best to keep the rest of me warm. (Photos show the wrap holding the ice packs in place) This doctor from Friday wants me to consider something called Synvisc injections. The MRI shows that I have no ACL, a macerated meniscus and severe arthritis. I think I might seek a second opinion.

This week brings Parker seminars Las Vegas- this is the 1 seminar I always look forward to attending. Las Vegas is always so much fun; this seminar is always packed with great speakers and inspiring people. I know moving about won’t be as free and easy as last year, but this time it’s not because of the weight , but because of a swollen knee.

I hope your Journey is being kind to you.
Love and Laughter

Terry

1 comment:

Helen Peart said...

Hi Terri.
Just read your blogg. I enjoyed your postive attuide. I am a Bowen Therapist for animals and humans. Dont know if you would be intersted, but I have come across a great product called Sunjing, which can help with pain relief. It is a natural cooling pain relief. You just roll it on. I personally and a friend have had great relief. If you would like to take a look the website http://www.vitamark.com/601105

I wish you all the best, and your dreams will come true. Mine have started since writing them down last year.
Helen