Friday, December 25, 2009

White Christmas

White Christmas

Well I honestly y don’t remember ever having this much snow on the ground for Christmas, I know a lot of people like it, I personally don’t. It was lovely to watch while it fell, but that is about the extent of it.
Christmas always brings back memories for me- Memories of my Dad putting up the train garden and tree, Memories of Mom making a cream puff, Dad playing Santa for the Jaycees, listening to my Grandmother sing Christmas carols in Polish. But I think my fondest memories of the first year with Edward. We were not yet married, he come up on Christmas eve and spent the night at my parents house with us (He slept in my brother’s room downstairs, while I slept in mine- next to my parents room) I was so sick, working a full time job, carrying a 21 credit load in college, planning our wedding, and of course striving to be a perfectionist I had worn myself out. Christmas morning I woke up with a strep throat, 102 degree temp, and a cough that won’t quit. After more than 2 weeks of feeling bad – I was horrible. While my parents went to Church – Ed took me to the doctors. Loaded up on anti-biotic, decongestants and something to help with the body aches and fever, I insisted that we continue with our original plans for the day visiting his Grandparents, and parents. About an hour after arriving at his Grandparents and listening to this awful cough, Ed quietly got up to get our coats and announced we were leaving. He took me home tucked me into my bed all warm and cozy, had dinner with my parents and went home… heck of a way to spend our first Christmas. I didn’t even open his presents till New Years Eve, when I was finally able to get out of bed. The day after Christmas a dozen long stem Apricot Roses arrived, all arranged in a vase. They were incredible, the card read- something pretty for you to look at when you are awoke… It was at that point I knew more than ever that I loved that man and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.
As with everything in life changes come and we began creating new “traditions” one that my brother, his wife, boys and I still do is the Christmas Eve dinner at China Moon. Dinner was great as always. The boys were fun, and it’s always outstanding to be in the glow of the love of my family.
After dinner I made desserts for Christmas day- Chocolate Mint Brownies, and a raspberry/ French vanilla parfait. I bet you can’t guess that these two desserts are the boys favorites right?
Whatever your Christmas traditions are I hope you have a wonderful wonderful holiday that you get to bask in the glow of the love of your family.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and God bless you.

May Santa bring you all you asked for, and then some. May 2010 hold great promise and much success.
Love and Joy on your journey…

No comments: