Sunday, September 20, 2009

An awesome week

I want to start this week’s blog with a huge Thank you to all of you that commented on my post from last week. Thank you so much for the kind and wonderful words, your love and encouragement has meant a lot to me.
This has been a good week- Besides the lovely comments to my blog, several of our patients made a bunch of comments and compliments about how I was looking. THANK YOU
This was my first week back at the gym since my tonsil surgery. My ENT cleared me last Friday for a gradual return to life. I was warned to take it slow and not push myself too hard. So I have kept this week’s work outs to about 75 minutes or less.
Wednesday morning as I was walking into the gym my gym shorts fell to the ground… LOL NO I have not thrown them away yet- I did however put safety pins at the waist to keep them up. I know I need to get rid of them, but I seem to have issues parting with clothing that I paid so much money for and have worn for such a short time. The 1 trainer I have come to know laughed and said to the women he was working with- “See I told you she was working her A—off”. It was kind of funny.
My friend Dawn and I went shopping this weekend- it was cute- Friday evening standing in Burlington Coat factory – as I tried to convince her that the Beverly Hills Polo Club Polo shirt I had in my hand needed to be in the larger size and Dawn is saying no no no next size down. To my surprise the next size down fit perfectly. We then went to Wal-Mart and I bought 2 more tops and several packages of panties and a few bras. Several sizes smaller then what I had in my drawers. This is a very strange experience for me – as I feel like I am dressing someone else’s body.
Thank you Dawn for being my shopping buddy and for knowing what fits my body better than I do these days.
It’s getting cooler and I needed to buy some jeans as Dawn and Gina throughout the pairs I had- so I took my measurements and to my surprise I have lost nearly 10 “ from my waist and hips since the beginning of March, and 8” from my chest in the same time frame. When I first joined the Gym they took my measurements as part of my initial assessment, I have no clue what they were back in September. I have ordered a pair of Jeans and we will see if they fit. Yes I still hate shopping.
This week our Company’s New Marketing Director started- he is doing awesome so far and I am thrilled to have him on our team. Welcome Michael. I will be training him all week. Since we let the former employee go nearly 3 weeks ago- I have been doing double duty and feel a bit frazzled but it will all be ok.
In 10 days I will be leaving to visit my friends in Florida- I am very excited about seeing them and the trip to Disney. While out shopping this weekend I made sure to get some SPF 50 so I don’t burn. This is going to be a fun trip and I am so grateful to my friends Naomi and Dr. Steve for making this happen for me.
I noted a very amusing thing Friday night – Dawn and I went to Carraba’s for dinner- we shared an appetizer and then each got an entrée, of which more than ½ mine came home with me. It used to be that I could eat an appetizer by myself, my entrée and then dessert. NO more… Dinners frequently come home with me.
I keep saying this “Life is really great” and getting better. My coach once told me that I had no idea how great life was going to get- I get that…. Words cannot descript how I feel, beginning able to shop at Wal-Mart and Burlington, to have to be replacing my entire wardrobe, to be able to move- walk, swim, dance and have fun and not feel pain, winded or exhausted. LIFE IS GREAT…. THANK YOU Dr. Wood.

The journey is taking me too many destinations- and I am enjoying every one of them.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Terry - glad to have connected today. Friended you on FB and somehow got to your blog. I am very impressed and just wanted to say congratulations! Keep up the good job. Dave

Dave said...

OMG, that was my old pic. This is better! Sorry... D