Sunday, September 13, 2009

This has been an incredibly amazing year.




This has been 1 incredibly amazing year

It was a year ago today that my coach Dr. Joe Wood extended his hand to me and WOW what a year it’s been.
At this point last year I weighted 149 or so pounds more then I currently do… I could barely walk, I had a hard time getting out of a chair, I could not even shower without having to sit down as soon as I got out, I was scared that the stairs at our new office would be too much for me and I would have to quit my job, and mostly I was terrified that I would end up like my late husband Edward, bedridden and needing someone else to do everything for me.

Today life is GREAT and getting better and better. Those stairs at the office are not even a challenge; I go up and down them multiple times a day. I spend 90 to 180 minutes at a time, 5-6 times a week at the gym working out. I eat right, feel great. My nephews have a better Aunt, My boss has a better employee, my friends have a better friend, and I have a better me.

This weekend was the annual Reister’s Towne Festival- this was our company’s 11th year participating in it. In past years I have helped set up the booth and then just sat at the booth because I knew trying to walk around would have been impossible. This weekend I walked around the festival several times, and totally enjoyed it. Yes it was cold and damp yesterday and I was frozen, but today was bright and sunny and LOVELY. Despite all the incredible bad temptations of food- like deep fried Twinkies—YUCK- I managed to make good food choices- a polish sausage grilled yesterday and a pit beef today

My ENT cleared me on Friday I can doing really really well. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks and he was kind of surprised I had been back to work for 2 weeks, able to talk, and able eat and swallow most normal foods. He said he has seen patients my age need 4 to 7 weeks off from work. I was off 2 weeks.

Last year when my coach and I first talked we set some goals. (Beyond the Aston Martin) my goals were –
I wanted to be an inspiration for others, I wanted to make a difference for others, I wanted to dance at both my nephews weddings, I want to hold both of my nephews babies in my arms. I want a husband who is honest, sincere, genuine, humorous, loving man, who will love my cat and accept me for who I am, who will let me know everyday how great it is to wake up next to me. I don’t think I have met any of these goals yet, but life is a work in progress.
I still have my affirmation hanging on my bedroom wall and say it every morning: I am loved and protected, and a very special person, unique and I of a kind, and that makes me a priceless creation of God’s.

Last week my coach said he was proud of me and that he expected much more- he didn’t elaborate and I did not ask because I know whatever it is- I will be able to accomplish it, for anything is possible once I have set my mind to it.

As for the Husband when God is ready for me to have that- he is going to put the man in my path.

There are lots of great things happening in the next few months- On October 1st I will be flying to Florida to visit my friends, this trip is going to include the Magic Kingdom – I have never been to a Disney park and am very excited. The day after Christmas I am leaving for a week in Jamaica- I am giving serious thought to purchasing a bikini for this trip, and come January we will once again be going to Parker Vegas – Las Vegas is the MOST awesome place.


I am not an island and have had some great support thru out this year and I really do appreciate all of it, of course my coaches guidance , support , love and belief in my even when I didn’t believe in myself has been amazing. THANK YOU DR. JOE WOOD!!!!

The top photo was taken today, the bottom 2 are me at my heavest- you will notice the cane in the 1 photo.

No comments: