Sunday, July 12, 2009

What a week



What at week this one has been.

I am sure you all are sick of seeing my workout schedule so I have done between 75 and 180 minutes in the gym everyday this week. I swam in the afternoon at a friend's pool 3 days this week too.

The biggest accomplishment of the week was what we called Project Purge the clothes.

Thanks to my Friends Dawn and Gina- we cleared out my 2 bedroom closets and 2 dressers full of clothes that fit 119lbs ago.

I have to admit that this was emotionally harder then I thought it would be, there were several things that I handed over that nearly brought tears to my eyes.

Currently I have 9 bags full of clothes that are going to my Dawn's sisters church- who runs a charity for Displaced women that are returning to the work force. It feels good to know that someone else will be happy to have these lovely things.

My winter closet is nearly empty, and my summer closet has a few things left but not much.

Dawn who had weight loss surgery and a liver transplant recently has lost a lot of weight too, she brought over a bunch of her things that were 3x and I was albe to fit into most... AMAZING
Thursday night I attended a business meeting with my boss - wore a new dress and got lots of compliments on it.

Life is so good.Yes getting rid of the clothes was hard but something feels so clean about it.

Was caught off guard by some back and hip pain last night- I am hoping it was from about 6 hours of standing and pulling clothes on and off.

The journey is better with good friends to support you....

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Wow! What a transformation. Your hard work and determination are truly quantifiable. I'm so happy for you. And, congratulations on earning a new wardrobe!