Sunday, December 7, 2008

Drinking and weight loss

My coach says NO excuses- OK NO excuses- I take full responsiblity for my acts, all be it they weren't great.

Its been a very stressful week, my office move had to be rescheduled, my boss whom I consider one of my closest friends, is stressing me out. Thursday was the second anniversary of my husband's death, my strep throat and ear infections cleared up but not I have a cold and cough. Just wasnt a good week.
My friend Joe- called and said he and his sister- also a widow were borned - did I want to take a ride and find that resturant we had been seeing ads for on the TV.

Joe I say - thats in Gaithersburg- it's cold and they are calling for light rain, Ter it doesnt matter, come- go to the website and get directions. So I did.

The restuarant was called Joe's Crab Shack- dinner was great- I had a seafood combo platter that had fish, shrimp and scallops- it was yummy.

However, I foolishly decided to order something called a Titanic Tea- their 26 ounce verison of a long Island Iced Tea. Long ago- seems like another lifetime ago Long Island Iced Teas were my drink of choice. The night I was out going President of my Jaycee Chapter- I drank 17 of them.

Last night I only had the 1- grant it the 1 was the equivilant of 3, I was drunk- when I stood up to leave the resturant I nearly toppled over, I wasn't in Joe's van long and I was asleep. When I woke up as we were getting on 795- it was snowing. When he dropped me off- I came in and went right to sleep.

The journey is getting fun.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Um, there's a bit of sugar in that drink, too.

Might want to try some red wine, and I'm not talking about Boone's Farm -- took me a while to develop a taste for it, but I did -- it's got less than half of the calories of liquor for the equivalent buzz.

Anonymous said...

One Martini, Two Martini, Three Martini -- FLOOR!

Anonymous said...

boones farm :)

Id say the red wine as well. Id also say that I tend not to drink now ONLY because I would rather eat the calories in the form of dessert---so Im really no help :)