Saturday, December 20, 2008

When life gives you lemons

Ask for VODKA.....

Its been that kind of week. So let me cover several topics and get caught up on life in general here.

The Weird stalker guy- actually found my home address- how I don't know he showed up last Friday night banging on my door- the cops were called again and told him to leave- which he did- he told the police officer that he was going to take me to small claims court for the cost of those tickets. I can't wait to hear him tell this one to a Judge.... thankfully he has not returned.

Work- we are in the midst of packing our office as we will be moving FINALLY on Monday. Its strange to be packing up 10 yrs worth of stuff.
Packing has taught me that I have an addition- I am seriously addicted to PENS- yes those writing implements- I had 3 desk drawers full of them. I have no clue how I acquired so many pens..... But I have alot of them.

Frustrations- Wednesday proved to be one of those AWFUL days- Verizon disconnected our Internet at the office a week early, so I have been bringing stuff home to do on line each day. Tuesday when I got home my home DSL was down ( 5th time in 3 weeks) - Verizon was to have sent a tech out on Wednesday night- however the Tech calls at 2 on Wednesday and leaves a message that they will need to reschedule me for Thursday- so after an hour and 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon- they refused send a tech out on Wednesday and promised I would be the first ticket Thursday AM. OK- the Delivery company calls and says they will be delivering the 3 new Chiropractic tables to the new location around 5 PM Wednesday night. Ok I go to the new office and await their arrive. At 5:45 they show up- walk thur the office and inform me that there is no way the tables will fit thur the doorways. WHAT?????? the tables are 23 and 3/4" wide- the door ways are 36" wide- so I don't understand , but they refused to even take the tables off their truck. Out of frustration I punched the stone fireplace in the new office. Have I mentioned the new office is in a 230 year old house, with 18" thick stone walls.

Learning lessons the hard way- Thursday was my Nephew's birthday- but he had a game that day. So Friday my brother and sister in law had a small get together at their place for him. It was catered by his favorite place- Popeye's chicken. OK so I figured it would be safest for me to take the skin off a chicken breast- that way I wouldn't be getting too much grease or fat, WRONG 20 minutes after eating that chicken breast my body REBELLED and rejected it. When I emailed my coach- he responded laughing about grease being poison. Never again.

Wednesday was my friend Jeff's birthday ( Formerly Fat running guy) he joins me at age 44 for a few months. I hope he had a great birthday and enjoyed the celebration.

The weight continues to come off slowly but surely. Every pair of jeans I currently own can be taken off without undoing the button or fly at all- all my slacks now require a belt to keep them on.

I am thinking that after the first of the year I might want to start taking dance lessons as I have always wanted to learn how to dance.

As for dating well I am still looking for my Prince Charming to help my write the next chapter of my life.

When life give you lemons, ask for some Vodka.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

But you didn't drink any vodka, did you?

Thanks for the b-day wishes, Ter. I'll be writing about my week from hell soon.

Funny story about the chicken. Next time, stop by Boston Market and bring your own. (Skinless, of course.)

Glad you're coping. Here's to a smooth move!