Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wow what a difference

WOW what a difference

This was a busy weekend and what an awesome weekend it was- WOW I really noticed a huge difference in so many things.

First off my boss and I attended a Chiropractic Seminar in The Poconos Mountains of PA. We left our office at 10:30 Saturday morning and were back at his house by 10 Sunday Morning- Yes 410 miles round trip in 24 hours. WOW.
The last time we did a trip like this was in March of 08- I was so exhausted after that trip that I spent 2 days in bed asleep. I am not saying I didn’t take a 2 hour nap today- because I did. That was more due to the fact that I did not sleep well last night- I don’t like hotel beds and the AC in the room was not working well so it was a very HOT night. I tend to keep my bedroom on the cooler side. But after my nap today- I cleaned the apartment, did errands, did the laundry, played with Ariel and now I am writing my blog. Totally not exhausted.
The other difference was how I sat in the car I was driving. On trips like this one I get to drive my boss’ sports car- it’s so nice. It used to be that I would have to have not only the seat in the far back setting, but I would have to have the seat back leaning all the way back just so I could get behind the wheel. Not this time- I had the seat straight up.
This was a majestic trip the view was incredible. There is something to be said for a car that will climb a 2600 foot elevation at 82 mhp while being driven with 1 hand and NOT sway 1 bit.
When I was a kid there was a commercial that sang – See the USA in A Chevrolet. Well I don’t care what kind of vichele you are in- seeing the USA is amazing.
Here are a few “Road trips from “
• Stop every 2 hours and get out –walk around for 10 minutes
• When you stop every 2 hours- go to the bathroom whether you feel you have to go or not- this will help prevent bladder and kidney issues.
• I keep a rolled up towel under my thighs and shifts its position ever so often – this changes the pressure on the spine.
• Allow yourself plenty of time to get from point A and point B
• Enjoy the journey as much as you do the destination.

Enjoying this journey- where every it takes me.
Love and Laughter
HOORAH
Terry

No comments: