Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Finally- a clue as to what is going on

For the last several weeks I have been very depressed and upset- as I have stated before. Crying all the time and not even wanting to get out of bed in the morning . THAT JUST ISN'T ME....

I mean I was back at work with in days of my Mom's, Dad's and Husband's funeral. I didn't go back to work then and sit there and cry. But I have been lately.

Last week I start experiencing back pain in a weird place for me. I have been working with my coach on stretches to stregthen my Pelvis and sacrum. They are working great. I can walk around a bit more without the horrible pain. So when this started in the middle of my lumbar spine I was concerned that perhaps I had done on of the stretches wrong.

I work for a Chiropractor so of course I had him check me out- and that spot was so tender that he literally could not touch me without my jumping.

So what does lumbar pain and crying have to do with each other- most folks would think NOTING.... But the can be symptoms of a larger problem.

Over the weekend I began experiencing some "female" issues I shouldn't be having. Yesterday - I called my GYN and he saw me right away. He did an exam and sonogram and discovered that my reproductive organs all look swollen and that there are cysts on both ovaries. He also ran a bunch of blood work.

He called me late morning with those results. The good news was that the blood test for ovarian cancer CA125 came back negative, and my liver and kidney funtions are good. The bad news is that my cortisol levels are very high, my testerone levels are nearly 3 times what they should be, my estrogen levels are less then 1/2 what they should be and my progestrone levels are less then a 1/3 of what they need to be.

The doctor sent me a RX for some hormone replacement medications, my coach has recommended several supplements, all of which I have started taking.

The doctor , coach and my boss all agree that with my body chemistry being so out of whack, it's no wonder I have been depressed. Now for the back pain. The nerves that run thru the lumbar spine in the area of my pain- are the nerves that link to the reproductive organs. DUH right.

So at least I know I am not losing my mind.

No comments: