Saturday, October 25, 2008

Remembering


I'm a bit lost today in the memory of what today is. Today - October 25 would be my Mom's 68th Birthday. It's hard for me to think of my Mom being that age, my Mom passed away when she was 55 years old. She died from a rare blood born cancer called Multiple Mylomia. She passed on April 27,1996. The photo above was taken of my parents just 6 months before she passed away. The doctors say she was already had the cancer growing inside her when this photo was taken, and no one knew it.
My Mom was a great person, she loved people. She enbraced my brother's and my friends like they were part of her family. She was fun to be around, she loved to shop and if shopping had been an olympic sport she would have 800 gold medals for it.
I miss her. I have been sad and down for weeks thinking about her and my Dad who passed away in 2003, and my late husband who passed in 2006. Being a catholic I believe in heaven, I believe that when you pass from this life, you go on to one there. So do believe that somewhere in Heaven today My Mom, Dad, Edward ( my Husband) Edward's Mom and Grandmom, My Mom's parents and my parent's friends will be having a birthday Celebration to honor her. Here on earth some friends and I will be going out to dinner a bit later to celebrate it as well.
God Bless you Mom. You are loved by so many.....

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Ter -- I have so many great memories of your folks. They were beautiful, caring, loving people and I cherish my memories of them.