Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fussing up and other fun stuff

Yesterday was a tough day, I was supposed to be going out to dinner with a group of friends to honor my late Mother's birthday, but for 1 reason or another everyone begged out. So I ended up spending the evening home alone. Not a big deal.

I decided to fix a piece of steak and same salad for dinner. While my steak was cooking in my forman grill- I decided to open one of the 3 bottles of wine in my fridge.

The 3 bottles are courtsey of my brother, they are from my favorite Maryland Vineyard- it's their newest release.

I had intended on having 1 glass, well 1 glass lead to a second and a second lead to a 3rd and before I knew it - I had finished the whole bottle. Did I mention these are restuarant size bottles?

Now I don't usually drink- Oh sure I majored in Alcholism my first seamster in College 26 yrs ago. It was a minor my second term, but after that I just stopped drinking. I have an occasional cocktail or glass of wine. But I'm guessing I have less then 3 drinks a year usually.

I have been feeling very sad, down and sometimes down right depressed the last few weeks. Yesterday was a very very bad day for me.

For the first time in my life I woke up with a hang over. I felt like crap when the cat woke me at 7 AM this morning. Thankfully, it was Sunday so once I got up and gave her food I could and DID go back to bed.

I have a call with my Weight loss coach later tonight- and yes I will fuss up to him too, about my drinking a whole bottle of wine.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Sorry to hear about the weekend Ter. Now, you just need to put that all behind you and move on.

You're going to have a life time of dealing with emotional issues of one kind or another -- we've spent our lives burying those issues in food and drink.

Need to find another outlet.

Anonymous said...

Hold on girlfriend -- I'll be there on Monday and have that shoulder all ready for your to cry/lean on.

Remember -- it's NEVER as bad as it seems -- there will be better days -- I promise :)