Sunday, April 24, 2011

Life lessons learned from a 3 year old kitty



Life lessons learned from a 3 year old kitty



My Ariel kitty turned 3 this week. I started thinking about her and how she interacts with the world after reading my friend Dr. Bourla’s tribute this is kitty when he passed away.



So here are the things Ariel is teaching me:

* Never be afraid to explore new things- you never know what fun you might find in something that seems strange at first.
* When meeting new people access them from a distance for a short time – then greet them with a warm and friendly welcome
* Naps in the sunshine are the best thing in the world
* Never be afraid to show affection to the people you love
* Find a warm spot and curl there to sleep
* Always stretch before you get out of bed in the morning
* Play often and with different things
* And most importantly- Be a source of unconditional love to all in your life



Ariel has been with me since she was 9 weeks old, she still runs about like she did then. She really is a source of unconditional love for me.



The last couple of weeks have been very stressful for me, yet when I come home at night she is standing on the back of the chair by the door ever so happy to see me, she rubs around my legs as I get settled in, when I retire for the night she purrs herself to sleep on my chest.



I have learned far more than I ever thought from this cat. Life lessons that will help me be a better and happier person in the future.



Everyone needs a pet to share this journey with.



Love and Laughter



Hoorah



Terry

No comments: