Sunday, January 30, 2011

What kin of life are you living?

What kind of life are you living?

Are you living a good life, a healthy life, a smart life, a fun life? Do you make good choices for yourself most of the time? Do you enjoy the life you are living?

I hear folks tell me they cannot afford to eat healthy, WHAT? How can you afford not to eat healthy? Or folks tell me they do not have the time to live a healthy life.

I just do not understand these things, but nor do I understand the folks I see on the highway riding motorcycles without helmets.

I am frequently asked how can I be so up, happy and positive so much of the time. Easy it’s a choice I make every day. I used to not, I used to be depressed, miserable and defeatist. I made a choice to STOP THAT.

Living a healthy life starts with your head, you have to believe you are worth it; you have to make a commitment to yourself and then choose to honor that commitment every day. For so many years I thought I was worthless, I thought I didn’t deserve to be happy, to be living a happy healthy life. I was wrong.

Notice I did not say a life free of problems, pain or issues, NO we all have those things, but we can choose to let them stop us or we can find a way to keep going while dealing with them. For instance- I have talked on and off a few times over the past several months about the dizziness I have been experiencing, well that has not gone away, but I have developed ways to just keep going, to keep moving forward with my life. That doesn’t mean I have stopped trying to figure out why I feel dizzy. It just means I am living my life to the fullest while in the inquiry.

Here are some simple but helpful tips for you to life a healthy life:

• Chew your food for a minute before swallowing it. A meal should take 15-20 minutes to eat. NOT 5 minutes
• Keep healthy snacks like grapes, apples, pears, carrots, celery sticks or nut on hand. Much better for you then Potato chips.
• Clean out your pantry and kitchen- get rid of all the unhealthy stuff
• Remember Moderation is the KEY
• Write yourself a positive affirmation and read it aloud to yourself several times a day.
• Always remember to the world you are 1 person, but to someone you are the world.

There are many choices to me made on this amazing journey.

Love and Laughter

Hoorah

Terry

No comments: