Sunday, May 2, 2010

I never promised you a rose garden

I never promised you a rose Garden

I beg your pardon,
I never promised you a rose garden.
Along with the sunshine,
There's gotta be a little rain sometimes.
When you take, you gotta give, so live and let live,
Or let go.
I beg your pardon,
I never promised you a rose garden.

This song has been stuck in my head for a few days now. None of us were promised a rose garden; none of us were promised everything would always be great. NO ONE was given those promises.

I have also been reminded of the story of the butter fly keeper that pain staking watched as his beautiful Monarch butterfly struggled to free itself from the Cocoon, after hours and hours of struggle the butterfly had only released 1 wing. The butterfly keeper could not bare to watch anymore and free the butterfly from its cocoon. The butterfly’s 1 wing never devopled the muscle it needed to fly correctly because the keeper had pulled from its cocoon, for it’s in that struggle to free itself that the butterfly develops its muscles in its wings to fly.

My point of all this is –
Yes I have been struggling lately, with the infections, fevers, etc- but I know that there is a reason for this struggle, what the lesson is – I do not know, but I do know God is giving me this struggle to learn something, to get somewhere, to gain something. - At the right time- HE (God) will reveal it to me. Till then I will embrace this struggle.

The update from the Doctors-
The CT scan was Thursday- it shows no major issues, just lots of inflammation. The blood work is showing EXCELLENT A1C and TSH levels, however my white counts are elevated and my Electrolytes are very depleted. My PCP suggested Gatorade but I really hate the taste of it.
I did take this weekend to rest and try to catch up on my sleep, it helped some but I still do not feel right.

The journey thru life should not be without struggle for it’s in the struggle that we gain muscle,

Love and Laughter

Hoorah

Terry

No comments: