Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers day


Happy Mother’s Day

Today is Mother’s Day. It’s the 15th Mother’s day I have spent without my Mom.
My Mom was a very amazing and funny lady- she was affectionately known by many as Mother Frazee.
I miss her a lot; she taught me many things in the 32 years she was here with us. One of the greatest things I learn from her was how to be a friend. I know my brother misses her as well. In many ways she and my brother were closer then she and I were, and that was not a bad thing. I think all Moms’ and sons have a special relationship and I was never jealous of that.
My home is full of fun memories of her and my Dad too. I have their wedding photo in my living room; I have many other photos of her and her parents in my den. These photos and memories help me to feel her presence with me daily.
I tell my Brother frequently what joy his boys must be bringing her. My brother was the adventurous one growing up, while I was quiet and pretty much a book worm; my brother was well – shall we say BUSY and adventurous. He now has 2 boys just like him. While my Mom would have no doubt been concerned for my Nephew yesterday when he broke 2 metatarsal bones in his left foot playing baseball, she is smiling and nodding her head knowing my brother is once again getting a dose of his own medicine. My brother was always getting injured, hurt or in some way some sort of mayhem. She is no doubt amused by the stuff my nephews get into.
I miss my Mom.

To update you all on ME- well I continue to fight the bacterial infections- I am on yet another antibiotic this week. My wonderful friends in Florida sent me some supplements that should also start to help my body rid itself of these infections. I have been speaking with my PCP regularly, my blood work is showing an excellent A1C, and thyroid levels (2 keep indications that my weight loss is working well for my body) However my electrolytes remain low, and I am very fatigued which my Doctor says is a very good indication that my body is working hard to get rid of these infections. Her advice to do as little as possible right now, I am taking my medications, my supplements and resting as much as I can. Ariel has been doing her best to take care of me- as noted in the photo – she is asleep on my hip.

Wishing all of you that are Mom’s a very HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY and to all of my wonderful friend’s MOMS HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO YOU AND THANK YOU FOR GIVE US YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER- They are a gem.

Remember those that have walked this journey before us is a good thing.

Love and Laughter

Hoorah

Terry

No comments: