Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Feeling Depressed, Frustrated and ready to give up

Feeling Depressed, Frustrated and ready to give up


I started this Blog a year and ½ ago with the intention of always being honest with what I write. I usually post on Sunday nights and did not this past Sunday evening for several reasons, most of them mental.

I have been ill for about 10 days now- running a fever and awful cough. It turns out that I have a series respiratory infection, which has caused another condition from the constant coughing. After 48 hours on an Antibiotic, inhaler and codeine laden cough medication I am feeling a bit better.

Why did I get sick, why and I frustrated and ready to give it all up- well there are probably several things have played into it this BAD state of mind.

A- I have not been able to sleep much with Animal house going on over head

B- During the month of January I was in several claimants that my body probably had a hard time readjusting to.

C- I’m stressed – about work- Medicare and most of the insurance companies have cut their fees, which means less money coming and it worries me how we are to keep a business running when everything is costing more and more and we are collection less and less. On top of that many of our patients are coming to us telling us that they are having a hard time paying their co-pays. It’s hard to run a business like that.By the way the insurance and medicare cut are across the board- Today CIgna announced a 15% rate increase for its members at the same time chopping fees paid to doctors- most note worthy is the amount they will pay for a heart surgeon to place a stunt in someones heart- The fee had been 983.00 they have now reduced it to $567.00 - Yes folks Something needs to be done with our health care system- its a shame, Oh yeah Cigna's CEO received a multi- million $$ bonus at the end of last year.
My personally life- I spent Valentine’s Day again this year alone with just the cat. My birthday is in 2 weeks and it just reminds me of how old I am getting.

D- Dating sucks at this age- seriously- since when did it become acceptable to “break the ice” with a women by telling her you’d love to __________ her. So I have deleted all my dating profiles and given up on that.

E- The knee injuries have been a frustrating set back for me. While the weight loss is continuing at a slower pace, it is still continuing. But I do still feel like a failure.

F- I have lost my positive outlook on life and myself- there is a serious lack of confidence right now- which is very weird for me- as much to my boss and good friend’s annoyance I am always the Glass is ½ full kind of person.

Thanks for letting me vent- suggestions, ideas, and whacks to the back of the head to help me snap out of this funk will all be welcomed.

Sometimes the journey stalls. I guess this too shall pass.
Love and Laughter

Hoora
Terry

No comments: