Sunday, March 13, 2011

This is not a diet


This isn’t a diet

I have said this many times in the past and find I am saying it more and more- THIS IS NOT A DIET, it’s a new lifestyle.

Yes diets work in the short term. You lose weight, but once you END the diet and you ALWAYS end the diet you go right back to the lifestyle habits that put the weight on in the first place.

I choose to change my lifestyle- I choose to stop living a life that was going to put me in an early grave.

I CHOOSE to Stop being self destructive and life a positive life affirming life.
Its 1 choice at a time. It’s really as simple as an apple or a donut, every time I choose the apple I choose to live.

I have no weight or size goal, I have a LIFE goal- I want to live long enough to see my nephews grow up, get married and have children that make them as crazy as they are making my brother and sister in law.

I choose to get up in the morning at 5 to go to the gym. I choose to eat Chinese for lunch most days; I choose to have salad or soup for dinner most nights.

I am totally blessed with an amazing coach who supports me and encourages me, and yes argues with me when need be. I had the joy of spending several hours with his wife and him today, he told me several times that I looked younger and healthier, and how much better I was moving. I delighted hearing that from him, but he was only affirming what I already knew. See the photos of him and I below.

Are you looking to change your lifestyle? Get in touch with me and I can help you.

This journey is SO WORTH the effort.

Love and Laughter

Hoorah

Terry

No comments: